Saturday, September 29, 2012

God-Esteem: Destiny and Purpose


The Birth of Destiny and Purpose
I'm hot.
I'm cold.
My emotions are out of control.

I'm bloated
And irritated.

My waist line is expanding
And I am demanding
Fulfillment to these cravings.

I'm back and forth
For restroom stops
I'm uncomfortably
Uncomfortable.

I am pregnant.
I am pregnant with
A girl named Destiny
And a boy named Purpose.

You see there are twins
Nestled in my womb
And I am about to go into labor.

I am fully dilated
And Destiny is crowning
Destiny, she is being pushed out of me
And I've got my eyes wide shut
Closed tight against the pain and agony.

I am pregnant.
I am pregnant with
A girl named Destiny
And a boy named Purpose.

I'm in labor.
Laboring over Purpose.
Purpose seems a little more
Difficult to deliver than Destiny.

There are labor complications.
My blood pressure rises,
Threatening still birth -
A death of Purpose
A dead Purpose.

But I cannot give up on Purpose
Because of my Destiny
I have enough strength for
One last push.

My Purpose seems fragile at first.
His breath is shallow and heart beat weak.
So I ready myself for battle.
I ready myself to war over my Purpose.

I am beyond the point of exhaustion
A weak smile lights my face
There are remnants of the pain, the struggle,
The fear of near death.
Stretch marks will remain as battle scars,
But none of it really matters now that
The twins, Destiny and Purpose have
Been born
.

No comments:

Post a Comment