Saturday, September 22, 2012

God-Esteem: It's the God in You


Whether saved or not everyone has had an issue with their self-esteem, and these self-esteem issues go back almost to the Garden of Eden.  In the Bible in the book of Judges there was what might be considered a pretty regular dude named Gideon.  One day Gideon was at work, at the threshing floor, when God showed up.  God spoke to Gideon and explained to him that He a job for him, and that job was for Gideon to free Israel from the oppressive Midianite army.  Gideon is taken back by God’s plan, and responds to God with this,
“Excuse me, God, but you must have me confused with someone else.  It’s me, Gideon.  I’m from the worst family in all of Manasseh, and I’m the weakest person in my family. How can I lead an army that’s supposed to save Israel?” 
Pause right there.  Doesn’t that sound like Gideon had some major self-esteem issues?  Well, the story ends with Gideon and an army of 300, kicking some Midianite butt. 
            What changed Gideon from not having any faith in himself or to liberty an oppressed people?  The answer is a simple one – God.  When he looked at himself he saw God, and his self-esteem became God-esteem.
Copyright 2011 Kendy Ward   

No comments:

Post a Comment